Monday, September 15, 2008

Wild Wild West BBQ

This weekend our Stake (Bellevue South) put on a huge BBQ for us. This is a first. I had never heard of this. We recently got a new Stake President and he had a brilliant idea to have a huge party and invite our non-member friends and neighbors. This BBQ consisted of lots of food, big bouncy toys, pony rides, live bands, balloon animals (done by my talented husband!), magician, face painting, and a dunk tank. LOTS of fun! It is confirmed that at least 2500 people showed up. This was a great missionary effort that seemed to be very successful. They are talking, already, about having another one next year. Jeremy, being the balloon guy, was busy the whole time so I got to run around with the kids myself. I did have some helping hands with Grandma Klein and Emily, my sister-in-law, around. Once they left I spent a lot of time with some friends from my ward and the stake. It was a great Saturday night we had! There was a lot of work put into it and it turned out wonderfully!


A view of the party. Mt. Si is in the background.




Jeremy making the kids their balloon animals. He did this for 4 hours straight!



Samantha loves pony rides!



Samantha and Taylee going down the bouncy toy slide. I think Samantha did this about 10 times. It was her favorite!



Waiting in line for the dunk tank.



This is the moon coming out as it's getting dark. I took this while we were STILL waiting in the dunk tank line. It was really long and for some reason, Sam really wanted to do it.



Finally! Sam didn't hit the target, but they let her push the button in the end. She thought it was so funny!




Here's Sam and her friend, Elisabeth. We were just waiting for Jeremy to get done making balloon animals, already!!! It had been a long afternoon...



Here's Parker. Just proof that he WAS actually there!

2 comments:

  1. You got some pretty good pictures of the event! We had fun hanging out with you guys for awhile. I'm so glad that the event was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really great bbq! And how about those balloons!! Nice job Jeremy. Madilynn was very excited about her sword.

    ReplyDelete