Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Circus!



Again, Sam had a great idea that she wouldn't shake...she wanted to go to the circus. I don't think I've ever been to the circus, so I really had no idea when we would ever make it there. Well, to my surprise I found, on the internet, that the famous Ringling Bros. Circus was coming to town! I quickly ordered tickets and we went to the circus on Saturday morning. We only took Samantha because the thought of keeping Parker in a seat or lap for over 2 hours was exhausting. We ended up having such a great time! It was extremely entertaining, with lots of music, lights, animals, clowns, dancers, and tons of other acts too. I'm really happy we went. The only draw back is that it's expensive and for us, it was kinda a lengthy drive. Of course there were tons of souvenirs and fun things to buy, but we were able to get out of there with only buying food. But, let me tell you, that wasn't cheap either! I mean, cotton candy for $12!!! A little extreme, but we gave in and got it. We also got popcorn and a cute Ringling Bros. water bottle with lemonade in it. Luckily, the popcorn came with a Ring Master's hat, so that was our fun little souvenir that Sam truly loved. It was a great Saturday morning that we spent with Samantha. The day wasn't over yet though...We still had a family dinner to go to at Red Robin that night and I had a baby shower in between those two things. I haven't been that tired in a long time. I was exhausted by the end of the day. It was worth it though! We had such a fun time!


The hour before the show started you were able to go down on the main floor and meet the clowns and see some animals. That's where this is.




Here's the opening act with everyone. There's lots of singing by the Ringmaster and dancers and animals. Fun!



Here's Sam in her Ringmaster hat.



The cage had 7 motorcycles going in all directions at the same time! Totally freaked me out!



Here's the Ringmaster during one of his performances.



The tigers were a hit! Samantha really liked them. She liked all the animals. Jeremy was pretty intrigued too.




Trapeze



Of course you have to have elephants at a circus!




More elephant fun. They did have a bathroom issue during their performance. Every single one of them!!! GROSS!


Closing act with everyone again. SO FUN!


3 comments:

  1. So fun!! Glad that you had such a great time, but WHOA $12 for cotton candy?!?! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I have wanted to take Marylinn to the circus for a couple years now but Scotty says we have to wait until they can both remember it because the tickets are to expensive for them not to remember it. I guess it is true but it isn't like we can't go again when they are a little older! I am glad that Sam had fun! I loved the few time my Mom took us! Except I remember getting lost on the way home once and my Mom got really mad but the circus was fun;o)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay now that looks like it was very fun! You really had a full day going on. Samantha is so funny with her ideas. How does she come up with this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete