Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11


I woke up this morning remembering that is was the anniversary of 9/11. It was such a huge day for this whole country and I remember it like it was yesterday...I was in bed, sleeping away, at my parent's house when my mom came in and told me that a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers. I didn't think much of it, being half asleep. She didn't give details, but I decided to get up and see what the big hoopla was all about. I had a TV in my room, so I turned it on and was in complete shock. I couldn't believe what was happening! And all the live footage was just amazing. I got up and sat in our family room with my mom for hours that day watching the TV, just waiting to see what was going to happen next. Jeremy taught seminary at the time (no, we weren't married yet) and came over to my house after he was done and watched with us. It was such a horrific time and event in our country's history that I can't help but think about it today. To be alive and old enough to understand what the heck was going on...it's something to talk with the kids about someday as they learn about it in their history books. I hope everyone takes some time today to reflect and remember all the lives that were taken, but at the same time, all the heroes that risked their lives that day.

What were you doing on that memorable morning?

2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute, Monique! I actually only thought about it a couple times this morning. That year, I was working in the nursing home in Rexburg, and Jake and I heard it on the radio while he drove me to work, and then it was on every TV in the Nursing Home. My job was to make sure the residents didn't watch it, because it would upset them. So, we had a secret TV in our office we would tune into. Thanks for helping me remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. krzyke iripietbnpms, [url=http://wvqchawrhqsu.com/]wvqchawrhqsu[/url], [link=http://dyndpkjvjaks.com/]dyndpkjvjaks[/link], http://huveywqmzivj.com/

    ReplyDelete