Thursday, May 29, 2008

Monique Wins!

Some of you may be aware that Monique and I have been in an intense battle to fight our expanding waistlines. I know, you're all rolling your eyes right now, but we really wanted to get ourselves back to the glory days of peak physical fitness.

The challenge was who could lose 15 pounds first. Initially, we thought it might take a month or two, but after 7 months of dieting and intense exercise, Monique has reached her pre-Samantha weight of 115. That was her goal. She is awesome. I'm still 4 pound away from my pre-mission weight of 175.

This wasn't a contest for bragging rights, there was a big prize involved. We never buy clothing for ourselves. I still wear shirts from 10 years ago, so I said that whoever gets to their goal first, gets a $300 shopping spree for new clothes.

Congrats Monique! Kudos for all your hard work. I'm glad you like to run now...that makes me a happy husband (I've always wanted a running companion.)

8 comments:

  1. Whoa, whoa, whoa!! That is super fantastic!! You are my hero!! Sooo, what are some pointers? I want to lose 15-30 (yeah, wishful thinking, for me!) Help a girl out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! That is awesome! I already am dreaming about getting back into shape after this baby comes. I cannot wait to start working out again! Thanks for giving me some motivation:) Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Good work, I can't even imagine how hard it was for you to lose that final 15- way to go and I'm proud of your dedication lady! Can't wait to see the results of the shopping spree as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I am very happy for you, but I do feel a tad bit jealous, you skinny little devil!!! Just kidding. I know how hard you have worked, and you do look absolutely fabulous!! I'm also glad that you got into running. It's the best thing I've found to get trim and toned. Good job!! I wish I could go shopping with you. Maybe Jake will give me 300 bucks if I get down to 115!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Monique! And I think a 300$ shopping spree is about the best prize ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!! I have to say that I have been trying to get back in shape too. Only I don't have a great prize like that to look forward too. I just get to say that successfully (hopefully) ran a 10k. Great Job Monique!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie,
    You will always be beautiful even if you never did loose the last 15lb. But I am proud of your accomplishment. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! That is SOOO exciting! Congrats! If you need someone to go with to buy clothes, just let me know!!

    ReplyDelete