Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hike

img_1338.JPG

Samantha is the type of kid that doesn't forget anything.  If she's ever thought of something she wants to do or somewhere she wants to go, she'll let you know and will not let you forget.  SO, her latest choice of adventure was a hike.  Actually, in her words it went like this..."Mom, I want to go on a walk through the trees and on a mountain."  Being the great dad that he is, Jeremy took her on her hike and she had a blast!  She had only one complaint...that it was too long.  Jeremy and I thought it would be just the right kind of trail, but I guess we were wrong.  Poor Jeremy ended up carrying Samantha most of the way, but I guess what do expect with a 3 yr. old.  The trail led them to a small, very small, waterfall that she really looked forward to seeing.  She told me she saw a "lug" (AKA -slug).  She also told me they looked for fairies on the way. It's just great to have such an adventuresome little girl.  She's always thinking up new things to do and see.  It's great!  The next things on her list is to visit the zoo and she wants to be a baseball player.  Fun stuff !!!

 img_1334.JPG

img_1335.JPG

img_1337.JPG

3 comments:

  1. Ok, the fact that you even have the option of going on a walk in the trees and on a mountain makes me wish I were somewhere different. I miss the mountains. Luckily there are some trees, but full of bugs and humidity. Looks like she is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they had lots of fun on their hike. Marylinn can get tired on hikes too but we are working on it. This summer we will be doing a lot just because why not! Your kids are so cute I always wish that we were closer but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could Sam get any cuter? I totally want to meet her, she seems like the most hilarious little girl. Go Jeremy for taking her on a hike.

    ReplyDelete