Friday, May 2, 2008

Year of the Rat

I know Monique just did a post about our cat Cinders and how annoying she is. It is true, our cats can be a big hassle and obnoxious, but she failed to mention that because of our awesome cats, we have had no mole holes/mounds in our lawn. It is great!

We woke up this morning to another great catch...a dead rat on our deck. It was a really big one, the kind that would bite your hand off if you stuck it in the wrong place. It was easily 10 inches long from nose to tail. A dead rat is much better than an alive one, so kudos to the kitties for pouncing on this one. Just when I thought I could be no more proud, I stepped out the front door for my morning run and there was a dead mole.

Update: Monique said she doesn't want a picture of a dead rat on our blog...so click the link to see it if you want.

Click here to see the rat
This thing was huge (seriously!)

Here is the running tallie since we've been in this house, pretty good if you ask me:
8 moles
3 mice
1 rat
1 bird

Cinders likes to catch old dead leaves and bring them to the back door like it is something spectacular. If she wants to do yard work also, I'm fine with that. I'm just waiting for the day they bring home a deer...that would be awesome. I imagine it would look something like this.

deer.jpg
Nice catch kitties!

1 comment:

  1. Very proud of your cats, but I soo wouldn't want to walk out and find THAT HUGE THING!

    ReplyDelete