Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday Jer!


Yesterday was Jeremy's birthday! I've been anticipating this day for a few months now, knowing already what I wanted to buy him. I decided this year that I wanted to get him a telescope. He's talked about getting a telescope for as long as I can remember and thought it was about time. Well, this morning our dear little boy managed, somehow, to knock it over! It was on a very sturdy tripod, but somehow...Anyways, both Jeremy and I were pretty upset. It was an expensive one and I couldn't believe it was already banged up. We are just hoping it still works properly. He hasn't had a chance to check it out yet, but we'll see.

The party turned out great though. We planned a little get together with his family. I made tacos and Jer's mom brought the cake. We asked Jeremy what kind of cake he wanted and he requested a Star Wars cake. Sharon is excellent at cake decorating, so that wasn't a problem at all. The Star Wars cake ended up creating a whole theme to our party. Sharon had some Star Wars decorations from some years ago that we used and he got a Star Wars game - Risk. I thought the telescope kinda went along with the theme too. Jess, his little sister, found a great Star Wars card that plays the theme music...it's a really cute card that goes something like this...On the front :A long, long time ago... Inside : You were born. And then the theme music. It was funny. Jeremy also got Mario Kart for the Wii with an extra wheel, from the kids and I. Everyone enjoyed playing that last night as well. It was a great birthday! Jer...you're getting old! Just kidding :)






1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeremy!!! We'll have to have a MarioKart tournament to help you break in your new toys!

    ReplyDelete