Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's coming!

As you can see, from my baby ticker over to the right, I've only got a few more weeks until this bundle of joy enters into this world. I'm really excited to hold him and see him, but I'm even more excited to be DONE with this pregnancy! It's been a hard one! What is it with 3rd pregnancies? I've heard it's been harder for others too. Maybe it's age, or maybe it's the other 2 kids that make it harder to rest and take care of yourself. Or maybe it's just coincidence. I don't know. Well, yesterday I went to the doctors. While there we talked about my kidney stones and my doc is terrified that I'll have another round of them before I'm done being pregnant. It COULD happen. She told me that because of that, she refuses to let me go past my 40 weeks, which is fine by me. She just really wants me to be done being pregnant. At least we're on the same page! Anyways, she even told me she would induce me at 39 weeks, if I want. SO, now I'm contemplating...do I do it or not? It would be convenient. It would be a week early! BUT, will it take forever and will my body be ready? I can tell that my body is getting ready though. The baby has definately "dropped" a bit. I have this horrible pubic bone pain and pressure every time I walk. I talked to my doc about that and she said that was a good thing. That means the baby is right there and moving on down. SO, I may just go into labor on my own before 39 weeks. I have to admit, it's kinda fun to go into labor on your own. But, with 2 kids, who knows if we'll have a babysitter when we need it? I mean, if it happens it happens. I may have to be induced anyways though, so it couldn't hurt to just do it. I just don't know! Well, either way, it's coming soon! Too bad we're not more prepared. I bought some paint the other day, so Jer will be doing that this weekend. The crib is up. The changing table is ready. The baby stuff is out. It just all needs to be put away and organized. I guess we're not too far off from being ready. I haven't taken any belly pics recently to show how HUGE I am, but my good friend, Jessica, took some great maternity pictures of me a couple weeks ago. I'm sure I'm bigger now, but you can get the general idea of how extremely large I am. If you want to check them out go to: http://www.feelyphotography.com/index2.php#/gallery1/1/ She's an awesome photographer! Check out her other portfolios. Well, wish us luck! Hopefully I don't go insane with 3 kids!

5 comments:

  1. I'd say get induced if the Doc is offering, unless you go into labor on your own before that, which is very likely, you lucky girl! We will watch your kids, don't worry about it. Even if it's in the middle of the night, one of us can rush over there, not a big deal. I think you will handle 3 great. I don't know about Parker. . . but, you will probably do way better than me!! Good luck getting this thing started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of those beautiful pregnant girls. Jealous!! Good luck in the next couple of weeks - I can't wait for your son to get here! Are you keeping the name a secret on purpose? Jared and I didn't decide on Lorien's name until a few hours before she was born, so maybe you're still undecided. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lookin' great!! Good luck! I do have to say that going into labor on your own is exciting, however with what happened to me last time I would have rather had in scheduled but they really come when they want! I am excited and keep us posted. I will be there in July to see the new little bundle of joy. Make Jer post something ASAP after baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I must admit that I have looked at your blog too! :) Your kids are so cute and you have such a fun family! Congrats on the new baby! Let me know how 3 goes...it's crazy with 2! Feel free to look at our blog anytime! And thanks for being brave and commenting! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique, you are beautiful pregnant woman! Your friend did a great job. I'm very excited for your third one. Just to let you know I thought 2 was harder than 3. Maybe it had to do with the fact that the first two were only 16 months apart. I don't know but having three has been a breeze! Can't wait to see your beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete