Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our Little Mermaid

I recently enrolled Samantha into swimming lessons again. She's actually been doing this off and on since she was 1 1/2 yrs. She loves to swim! When she turned 3 she was able to do the classes all by herself, without me having to dive in with her. After doing the first beginners class 3 times (!) she's finally moved up to the next class. I think she may finally be getting it, for real. She's doing wonderful and I wouldn't be surprised if she passed this class the first time around. We'll cross our fingers. It's kinda a downer when you have to pay for the same class over and over again! Here's some pics I took of her the other day. They may be kinda fuzzy, due to me zooming in so much, but you get the idea. Good job Sam!
Now I need to get Parker going. I've slacked a little on him. It's hard to be in the water when you have other children around, ya know? I guess we'll be doing night classes and Jer will be home with the others. Fun!

5 comments:

  1. That is way cute! We have been planning to put our kids all winter too. Man time gets aways sometimes. Oh and by the way cute new blog. I love blogger and I just got my first blog book made and it turned out way cute. Although I think that you can do the same with Wordpress. Anyway, I also tagged you on my blog but no pressure I don't really care if anyone does it or not. I am just supposed to let you know that I tagged you. Hope you are feeling better and can't wait to see you in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I read your comment and just so you know you go to blurb.com and download their software and then you slurp your blog from there. It was really easy and mine really does have a scrapbook kind of feel, just a little less on the fancy shmancy side. I like it and it is the size of a real book so it fits nicely on a shelf. If you think of all the money you spend on developing photos and all the paper and glue it is actually a lot cheaper too. If you have any questions let me know I would love to share my knowledge;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. I should retake swimming lessons as well, I can't remember how to properly swim. Love her swim suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an outdoor pool . . . but it can't be. Lorien loves the pool, too, but she's not quite as independant. I hear you may have a good reason to visit IF soon. I'll have to email you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of your blog - way cute!! Is that an outdoor pool?!?! Yesterday was the glorious day when Avery's swimming class is officially a "kids only" session. I got to sit on the side and just watch... it was sooo much more enjoyable! That water is cold!

    ReplyDelete