Sunday, March 15, 2009

Transitions

I only have 5 more weeks until this baby should arrive!!! Let me tell you all, I'm not a happy mommy right now. I'm very irritable and extremely impatient with my kiddos. I'm trying really hard to be a happy, positive mom but it's hard. Don't get me wrong, I have my good days too. But, the bad days seem to be a little more often these past couple weeks. I'm just so uncomfortable, it's ridiculous. Well, enough complaining...In preperation for our little man to come into this world (!!!) we needed to get Samantha and Parker comfortable in their new night time surroundings. Meaning, new beds! Sam has been in a toddler bed since she was 2, and Parker has been in his crib. Well, this past week we decided we needed to move everyone up and put them in new beds so we could have our crib ready for the baby. We bought Sam a new twin size bed and gave Parker the toddler bed. I have to admit, I was terrified to put Parker in that bed! He's such a busy boy and so crazy, I thought it would be impossible. Luckily, I had a back-up plan just in case. My good friend, who isn't using her crib anymore offered hers to us if Parker refused the bed. Samantha was a sinch to get into it, but they are SOOO different!

Anyways, we started with Samantha and she totally shocked me. She cried for probably an hour and a half! She just kept saying that she missed her bed and that her new bed was too high! What a girl! I really didn't think it would be an issue. So, we had to lay with her and tell her all the good things about having a bigger bed. That only lasted the first night and now she's great with it. Now for Parker...The first night was a struggle as well. It took us 2 hours to get him to sleep! We tried laying with him, we let him cry, we layed with him again. Finally, Jeremy was able to lay with him and get him to fall asleep in his bed. Now, imagine Jeremy laying in a toddler bed! Pretty funny! He did it though. He was determined. So, lucky us, he slept the whole night and didn't get out of bed! Yay! Since then he's been great! We've been able to get him to take his naps and he even went to bed for Grandma Klein last night! Jer and I thought for sure we'd get home from our night out and have Parker wide awake from resisting bed time. But, not the case. Thanks Grandma Klein!

So, mission accomplished. Everyone is comfy in their new beds. Now we just need to put the baby's room together (paint, furniture...) and we'll be ready! We have everything, it's just a matter of doing it. Yeah, we procrastinate a bit. I guess when it's your 3rd, you have that "been there, done that" frame of mind. But, we're so excited! Just get here already!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good job getting it all together! Be sure not to take to long babies can come early. Andrew was 5 weeks early. We were not ready at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep going to your blog, and Jessica's photo blog to see how your photo-op went, and I haven't seen any pretty pictures yet!! Where are they? I'm sure you were a beautiful preggo model. Cute pictures of your kids with their new beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got the kids settled in their new beds. Transitions are hard! Don't worry about not being a happy, positive mom all the time. I definitely struggle with that too, and I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant! You are a great mom and your kids will love you no matter what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are growing up so fast. Marylinn isn't great with change at all but neither was I if you remember. I just tell her that once you get use to something then that means it is time for a change. It is okay that you are a little impatient at the moment...so am I and I am not pregnant!

    ReplyDelete