Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


The Klein Family


This Thanksgiving was much like most Thanksgivings...We spent the day with Jeremy's family, which has become tradition. But, before we could make our way to their house Jeremy had his Turkey Bowl to play. He plays football every Saturday anyways, but on Thanksgiving they beef it up, adding many more players and make a whole tournament out of it. Jer's team came in 3rd, out of 4 teams. He was just happy they didn't come in last! He was a little bummed when he got home because I never showed up to watch the big game. I suppose there was some miscommunication...I didn't realize I was definitely supposed to go and that he was going to be looking for me. Sorry, Jer! I bet you looked great out there and you know I love you! While he was gone I was actually doing a little baking. I made some yummy pumpkin bread and my "famous" bean dip for appetizers. The dip is not really famous, just well liked by the family :)


All the guys at football


(I stole this from you, Em)


We finally went over to Jeremy's parents' house after I got Parker to take a little nap and started off by eating till we were sick. It wasn't even turkey time yet, but Sharon has a delicious spread of snacks to munch on until dinner. Everything from crackers and cheese to meatballs and lil' smokies. While the guys (and Jess) played the Wii, the girls relaxed, ate, and slept. The kids played nicely together downstairs. It was a very relaxing few hours before the big dinner.

Jake and Emily invited their good friends, Clark and Lisa and their two kids for dinner. It was great having lots of people around to spend the holidays with! A little crowded, but the more the merrier, right? Parker barely ate anything for dinner and I suspect it's because he ate almost every single candy cane off the Christmas tree throughout the afternoon. It was really amazing how obsessed he was with the candy canes. I decided right then that we were NOT having them on our tree this year. Crazy kid!

We did have one mishap towards our turkey dinner. Jer and I offered to get us a smoked turkey, which we had last year and seemed to be a hit. Well, we followed the instructions perfectly on how to reheat it, but as dinner approached we checked on it and it was a bust...the turkey was still cold!!! How can a turkey be in a oven for 4 hours and still be cold??? Well, it seemed the temperature in the instructions HAD to be wrong. So, at 10:00 p.m. the turkey was finally done :( Luckily, Sharon had made a small turkey the night before to use for gravy, so we were able to warm that up and at least have SOME turkey. What a disappointment though! We brought some home and it's great leftovers. We had turkey sandwiches today and it was very good!

Overall, it was a great day. Lots of food, family, and fun! I'm so thankful for everything I have in my life and days like yesterday always make me more aware of all my blessings.


Chips and crackers...yum. Fake smiles? I think so!



Parker had to join in the fun too in his little chair.



The kids playing in Grandma's Christmas decorations. Funny kids!



Parker, with all his food on his plate still. Too many candy canes!



Gathering around the table for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Friends, Family and Food! What more could you ask for on Thanksgiving? It sounds like you guys had a great time. We wont be up for Christmas but we are possibily coming up at the end of January just for fun though. If we do I will let you know 'cause I will need new directions to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family picture is a lot better than mine. I definitely think that you got the best one. I'm glad you guys got to eat some of the turkey. What did you do with all of it? We'd love to taste some. It was a great Thanksgiving. Have fun at the movie with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. qROQZl hkukgwbvmmij, [url=http://kylhxesogsbx.com/]kylhxesogsbx[/url], [link=http://szmwtsahbfdn.com/]szmwtsahbfdn[/link], http://txfjmwklvrmv.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1sGIlX jvxbfhjwhdqx, [url=http://tmbtyzfczufr.com/]tmbtyzfczufr[/url], [link=http://ptmrjvultehc.com/]ptmrjvultehc[/link], http://wxpscxtpboxp.com/

    ReplyDelete