Sunday, November 2, 2008

Party, Party, Party!

This Halloween has been very busy, full of activities and PARTIES! We had three parties to go to this year, not including Sam's Halloween birthday party. We had such a good time celebrating such a fun holiday with our friends and family. On Wednesday we were invited to my brother and sister-in-law's (Jake & Emily's) ward for their party. On Thursday we attended Jer's work party. And on Friday our own ward put on a party that included a chili cook-off along with games and trunk-or-treating. This year Samantha originally wanted to be a witch, so we did that for her birthday party and planned on that for Halloween too. Well, when I was buying Parker's costume, which was a red dragon, she begged me for this butterfly costume. I gave in and bought it. So, the new plan was to be a butterfly. She wore that to the first party, but decided she wanted to tweak it a little by adding a tutu and a tiara. I'm not sure what you would call her costume at that point...by the next day she had decided she wanted to be a witch again. I guess that's what to expect from a four year old! Like I said, Parker was a dragon and Jeremy was Sherlock Holmes. I got a costume from my mom-in-law to wear. I'm not sure what to call it, but it was a kind of medieval dress with a cape. I could've been a vampire I suppose if I added some fangs, but I just stuck to the dress and cape. Thanks Sharon! On Halloween night, after our ward party, Jeremy really wanted to take Samantha out in our neighborhood to do some more trick-or-treating. I stayed home and handed out candy and got Parker to bed. It was a fun night! We had a great few days of fun, but I'm pretty much partied out!!! Well, here's some pictures of our parties. I tried to narrow them down as much as I could. There are a lot. I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Party #1(Jake & Emily's)



Parker's dragon costume. He wouldn't wear the head piece/hood for it. In fact he never did and I never got a picture of him with it on. He freaked out every time I tried. Sad!



I think this is the only picture I was able to get with them together in their costumes.



This party was great for the kids, with lots of activities like pumpkin painting, cookie decorating, and caramel apple making. Very fun!



Sam had NEVER had her face painted because she's always too scared to. Of course, when Taylee did it, she changed her mind.



Dancing the Monster Mash with Grandma Klein!


Party #2 (Jer's work party)



Here's Sam's witch costume. She had to add the tiara this time, instead of a witch hat. She called herself the "witch princess". There's just something about that crown this year!



Here's Sam and I before we left.



Here's Jeremy award winning Sherlock Holmes costume. He got first prize for his costume at work! He was really happy about it! He worked hard on this costume :)



This cake, along with a "Best Halloween Costume" ribbon was Jeremy's prize for his costume. It was soooo chocolaty! There were 4 layers with chocolate between each one. It was so rich you could barely eat it. So good!



Here's Parker trick-or-treating at all the offices. He was all about the candy. He got so excited to grab it and put it in his bucket. If we weren't watching he'd go back and get big handfuls of it.



They had arts and crafts for the kids.



Samantha got some cool glasses while we were there, which she gladly wore. Here she is with a new little friend she met.





Party #3 (Our ward)



Coin toss...



More games...



Jeremy with a worn out Parker. By this party, he was so sick of his costume! I ended up taking it off within the first half hour.



Parker perked up when the trunk-or-treating started. He even got to his candy a little early, finding a sucker to eat while grabbing more!



Sam during trunk-or-treat.




Samantha's Friday Night stash!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is a lot of Halloween fun. Samantha and Parker looked so cute. It is really hilarious the way her little mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just as much fun to see the pictures as it was to be there. That is one good-lookin' family. (I suspect that's because of all those good looking grandparents).

    ReplyDelete