Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Prep

This weekend we got out our Christmas decorations. It's so fun to do, but at the same time it's such a pain! Once it's done though, I'm so pleased and it looks so nice. It totally gets me into the Christmas spirit. I love it! While others were out battling the BLACK FRIDAY rush, I was in my pj's looking through my Christmas totes. Jeremy started off by putting up our lights outside. Of course, it was raining...I mean, it is Seattle. So, with boots and raincoat on, he climbed the ladder and got them up. We also put garland and lights and a big old bow on our lamp post and some in our bushes. I think it looks great!



Next was the tree. It is a new tree. Fake, but new. So, it took a little longer to get up. The branches were flat as can be and making it actually look like a tree took some time. Once that was done, we decorated the tree, only to realize we were at least two stands of lights short! SO, we did battle the crowd a bit and headed to Target to get more lights. Of course the lights we had bought a week earlier were on sale, which meant they were out of stock. We then headed to another Target and low and behold they had only two boxes left! Score! We also realized after we got home that our star for the top doesn't fit. We'll be back to Target soon for that. And I think one of these days we'll make a paper chain or something cute (popcorn string?) for garland too. Anyways, we finally got it up and got the other decorations out. Our village looks nice with the train. The kids were obsessing over it for a while, but the newness, luckily, has worn off.

It was fun getting everything out and getting ready for the holidays. It's just the start of all the hustle and bustle of Christmas! Fun, but tiring! Merry Christmas!



6 comments:

  1. I like your Christmas Decorations! I havent collected any yet since we are still going home every year for the occasion...but I need to start so we can start having our own Christmas stuff/traditions...its about time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the round lights on your tree!! :)
    You guys are always so festive. Great job at being ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Your house looks great! And what a beauful tree! I love christmas time and all the great feelings and joy that come with it!! Last christmas you made the best fudge if you get that recipe out this year I'd love to get it from you. It was so good ben and I still talk about it. WE LOVE CHOCOLATE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Samantha hanging ornaments. And I agree with Wendy - I've never seen round lights like that before. Guess I have something to look for at Target! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eb5JMb zgxdezlzahgq, [url=http://ohvfocgfhttl.com/]ohvfocgfhttl[/url], [link=http://bribwtjcxmts.com/]bribwtjcxmts[/link], http://qiedtbzhoouj.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wVpH2A azxbxtnkwrzm, [url=http://pkfrswpzhhpa.com/]pkfrswpzhhpa[/url], [link=http://eaefhwesylwp.com/]eaefhwesylwp[/link], http://tdssdboifwae.com/

    ReplyDelete