Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mom and Stephen's Wedding


Sorry mom...I think you started to talk when I took this pic! You look beautiful!



Last night was a big night for my mom. She got married! Her new husband's name is Stephen and seems to be a really nice, great guy. I admit I don't know him very well, but that will change over time. The wedding turned out wonderful. The decorations were very nice and elegant. The flowers were gorgeous and the cake was beautiful.

The big event started off on Friday night. We went to set up for the reception, only to find that the gymnasium had just got new finish put on the floors! WHY didn't anyone tells us this was going to be happening??!! The building scheduler should have known, so why didn't we??? Oh well. So, the doors were blocked off and fans were going. We called around, trying to figure out if it was dry enough to use or what. Anyway, we couldn't get a hold of anyone, so being afraid to damage the floors we had to set up in the primary room. That was not what we had in mind, but it was better than nothing. It was quite a bit more cramped and tight, but we made it work. After a few hours of ironing, pinning, and placing we made it to a yummy Chinese restaurant for a late dinner. Surprisingly, our kids did ok, being it was bedtime.

The next day, Saturday, my Great Aunt Renae came over to our house to finish up the wedding cake she had started for my mom. That took many hours! By 4:30 we were getting ready to head over to the church to have a wedding! Bishop Tojo, my mom's Bishop married them. He did a wonderful job. He was quite entertaining actually. My mom and Stephen will eventually be married in the temple after my parents work out a few things.

After a very nice, short wedding ceremony it was time for the reception, just down the hall. We had so much family come in for this event that we pretty much took up the whole room. Jeremy ended up putting out more chairs along the wall so people could get comfy. The reception was great. Lots of people came and lots of pictures were taken. Unfortunately, I was in most of them and Jer was busy with Parker so I didn't get many on my camera. There will be plenty from other's that I'll get soon though.

Overall, it was a successful weekend. It was great to see family and see my mom so happy!


Renae working SO hard to get the cake done!



Samantha got to be in the wedding too! She was the flower girl.



Parker was a happy boy, but very hyper.



Me and my lovely sister, Ana-Lisa.



The cake set-up



Pretty cake!



Our little family.



Grandpa Gardner, Stephen, Mom, and Grandma Sharon.



Me and little Sam. Samantha looked so cute with her flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Samantha looks so cute in her purple dress. I actually really like it. Your mom looks so pretty too, and Stephen seems like a nice guy. I wish her all the best. Fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so happy! Congrats to your mom! Ben told me about you other big news so congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete