Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fun, Fun!

This past week has been super dull. I left the house to go grocery shopping, and that's about it. BUT, we finally had some good fun on Friday and Saturday! Our Friday morning started off with me running late, of course. We headed over to Kennydale Beach to meet up with Emily, Taylee, and Rohne for some swimming. The kids had fun playing in the sand and water. Parker didn't have as much fun, only because he wouldn't take a nap before we left so he was really tired. So, I got to deal with him almost the whole time, trying to make him happy. I guess that's a baby for ya!

Later that evening we had some friends, the Karren's, over to eat dinner, play Rock Band, and do some more swimming. They brought some yummy pizza over which is a Klein favorite. The Karren's little boy, Jack, and Samantha had such a fun night playing together. They get so crazy and hyper! Jack is Sam's only boy friend her age, so I think that makes it more fun. Eventually, everyone headed over to the pool at the park. Samantha is getting so gutsy lately at the pool. At the beginning of the summer, she wouldn't let go of the side of the pool for anything. Now, she's venturing out to the middle of the pool all by herself and actually trying to swim. She'll go under water all the way, not just her face. She's doing really well. I was going to enroll her in swim lessons again this summer, but never got around to it. I guess it's ok though because she's been doing great without them.

On Saturday we took the kids to the zoo! I have been bugging Jeremy about the zoo lately, because we haven't gone yet. And then when I mentioned that in my last post, he decided it was time to go. I say it was for the kids, but really I wanted to go. I love the zoo. There's just something about it! At first Samantha and Parker were really enjoying themselves but after 2 hours walking around in 90 degree weather, they had enough. It was a lot of fun though!

And now, the funnest part of the weekend...I got strep throat! Bummer, huh? I woke up Saturday with a horrible sore throat, but I was determined that I was ok because, darnit, I wanted to go to the zoo! But, after looking at it and feeling it all day I decided to go to the doc. We missed out on our last fun filled activity ( a BBQ at some friend's house) because of it, but I guess the fun has to stop eventually. Now, I'm on antibiotics and feeling a little better. Good thing, because next weekend we're camping. I don't' want to be sick then!


Sam and Taylee being oh so cute!



Parker enjoying the sand, and eating it...



We have a hard time getting the kids to cooperate with pics sometimes!



"This is the biggest snake I ever saw!" Her words exactly.



OOOHHing and AAAWWing at the kangaroo. Parker loved the animals!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, strep, that's not fun at all. We had a lot of fun on Friday with the kids. It's always good to get out. I'm glad you guys had a good time at the zoo. We loved the hippos too. I think that Tay wore that same outfit as Samantha has on when we went to the zoo. They must have the same personal shopper!:)

    ReplyDelete