Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ice Skating!

img_1012.JPG

Samantha has been begging us for a few months now to take her ice skating.  We didn't mind doing it, but just haven't had much time...until yesterday.  We woke up with nothing too important to do, so we finally took Sam skating.  Actually, Jeremy did and I took pictures and watched Parker.  Fun!  She was so excited and acted like she'd done it a million times.  And to our surprise, she did amazingly well.  We rented a "walker" for her to skate with and after a little while she didn't even want to use it.  At first she fell, but after a few tries she was doing little twirls and skating all by herself!  I was worried that after one fall she'd be done, but she was a trooper and kept on going.  We got her on video doing her freeskating, but no pictures.  I want to try to post a video, but I need Jeremy's expertise, so that will have to wait until later.  Now Sam wants to take ice skating lessons, she tells us.  She'll have to do it a lot more than once before we'll pay that kind of money.  She was very impressive though!

img_1016.JPG

She kinda did look a little old lady at first with that walker.  She kinda walked at first intead of skated.

img_1015.JPG

This is her first attemt at skating by herself.  She did pretty good, but quickly learned about balance. 

img_1018.JPG

After skating she walked around in her skates like they were shoes, no problem!

3 comments:

  1. I've wanted to take Taylee skating too. They have a preschool skating time during the week we should try and go to. It would be hard with Parker and Rohne, though. Hmmm. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey klein family! I need your email to add to my blog so you can access it! I am making it private! Thanks!

    JESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess! I tried to get to your blog to leave my email on there and it was already private. So, hopefully you'll look here again...my email is moniquelklein@hotmail.com. Thanks! See you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete