Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First House Project

img_0726.JPG

Samantha has been driving me crazy lately, insisting that her room be pink. When anyone would ask her if she likes her new bedroom, she would reply by saying, "No, because it's not pink."  What a little stinker!  So, last week I buckled down and bought some pink paint.  I wasn't planning on painting that day, but right when we got in the car, Sam got excited, talking about how we were going to paint her room when we got home.  So, that's what we did.  It was a little crazy, trying to juggle the paint, Sam wanting to help, and a 10 month old!  It only took me 4 hours!  But, we got through it and now we have a happy Samantha!

img_0733.JPG

Trying to keep Parker out of the paint wasn't easy!  I blocked him out of the main part of the room by putting the bed in front of the entrance.  He wasn't always happy about this. I finished up by the door after he went to bed.

img_0730.JPG

In mid painting. We went from a dull, off-white color to this!

img_0743.JPG

The finished product.  I would still like to put some curtains up or a cute valance.  She loves her pink room!

2 comments:

  1. The pink room looks great! I'm scared to let Tay see it in person, because she is still asking me to ask Art (our landlord) if she can paint her room pink like Samantha's. I am hoping she forgets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what a girl needs, to feel at home in her room. I wish I could paint Summer's room. I think it looks really cute, especially with the princess poster above her bed.

    ReplyDelete