Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter...Better Late Than Never!

This year Easter was a little bit crazy...The Easter Bunny was feeling a little frazzled from just getting home from the hospital the night before. The Easter Bunny did make it though and the kids seemed very happy with what they got.

The weekend began with an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, which I missed out on. Our neighborhood does one every year at the park. Jeremy left the hospital early that morning to be home to take Samantha and Parker to that. Of course, no pictures were taken. Mainly because I had the camera with me at the hospital. Later on that day Jeremy brought the kids to meet their new baby brother. It was really touching to see how excited both of them were to see and hold Collin. I finally got home around 10:00 p.m. and that's when panic mode hit for me. I'm one that likes to be organized and prepared, but getting home that late and not having anything prepared for the next morning (Easter baskets...) I started to stress a little. I guess the hormones from having a baby were kicking in! Well, it got done, like I said, and then I slept as much as possible. Easter morning was fun, with a small egg hunt in our living room and looking through the kids' baskets. I then helped get them ready for church and Jeremy took them. I insisted they go to church because, dang it, they had to wear their Easter outfits!!!! It was a must! I didn't buy them for nothing! SO, they went and I stayed home and slept some more. Later on that evening we went to Jeremy's parents' house. We ate dinner and Grandma and Grandpa Klein planned a little Easter egg hunt in their basement for the kids. They had so much fun!

Overall, it was a great Easter. We got the best gift of a new baby brother! It was a tiring holiday, but wonderful.

Cousins, Taylee, Samantha, and Rohne

Cute Aunt Jess with Collin

Jessica helping Parker with his eggs from the big hunt

Samantha ate all of the candy out of her eggs as she was opening them. I had no idea until they were all gone! Silly girl!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful kids you have!! I still can't believe how grown up Samantha is! Oh, and I love, love her dress..where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete