Thursday, April 9, 2009

Come Get Your Fruit Punch!!!

That was the phrase I heard over and over again the other day in our front yard. Samantha has had this obsession with selling lemonade since last summer. I've always been the mean mom who tells her, "no." I've never been in the mood to set up a lemonade stand with a 4 year old and sit there for who knows how long and sell. If she was older and could do it on her own with a friend or something then that would be great! I'd be all for it. Well, the other day happened to be absolutely beautiful outside. So beautiful, it put me in a great mood and I actually gave in to her asking me for the 1000th time!!!! I warned her that we may not sell any. I told her not to be too sad if we don't and it was just for fun. In fact, we wouldn't even SELL, we would just give it away. And, we didn't have lemonade, only fruit punch. We didn't even have a real table to set it up on. She accepted all of that and headed outside to get ready. We have this box from a booster seat we bought her that she decided would be great to sit at with our punch and cups. So, she drug it outside and I brought out the pitcher of fruit punch and some cups and we sat...We just sat on the grass and talked and waited. FINALLY two girls walked by and we were able to give them some. We got one other customer as well. We were out there for a good hour and got 3 customers! I was really happy for Samantha. She finally got to "sell" lemonade (or punch)! And, the best part of it all was watching Sam yell into her pretend microphone "Come get your fruit punch!" "It's on sale today...it's free." "Come get your fruit punch!"

She had a blast!

4 comments:

  1. What a great Mom you are! So patient, even if you are 9 months pregnant. :) I'm sure it made a memory for Sam that she won't soon forget. Isn't it amazing how the sunshine can make your whole day better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. You are awesome! Just think - that could eventually be her first childhood memory. I don't know too many people who remember things from before they were four or so. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there! It is fun to see your kids so excited about it though! What a cute girl you have. I can't wait 'til July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great mommy Monique. Don't laugh, but I teared up a little. What a perfect memory you made for her. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete