Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baby Update...

I was sitting here on the computer and started feeling the baby move. He moves pretty much all the time. Anyways, I also started having a contraction (which isn't a rare occurance either) and thought I'd update you all on how things are going in my pregnancy world...Well, as you all know, I've had issues with kidney stones. Well, as a result of my last episode of them I've started having some pretty significant contractions. It all started the morning the stones started acting up and hasn't really stopped. That is one reason I was in the hospital for so long this last time. They just kept wanting to monitor me and my contractions. Anyways, I've been having them so much that I was put on some medication that stops them. I actually have only taken it a couple times though because it makes me feel like I'm going to explode! It makes me sooo jittery and my heart races a mile a minute. It's just too much. I hate it. So, I just deal with it or sit down and rest and that helps. My doctor also had me come in and do a stress test a couple days ago, on monday. I haven't heard back, so I'm guessing things went well. The nurse that did it though said that I was contracting and it was more than they should be seeing at 32 weeks. She said she may want me to come in every week and do them. We'll see. All I know is that I can't wait for this to be over! I don't remember feeling this way with the other two kids. This pregnancy is making me rethink a 4th one, like we had always planned on having. And to make me rethink this more is the fact that my urologist (the kidney stone doc) told me when I had my follow-up that the stones I have are "pregnancy stones". They tested mine and they were made of things that are different than a non-pregnant woman's. There are a variety of them...Anyways, I'm a little worried of having them again while prego. But, on the other hand, it's a small price to pay for a child. So, that's the low-down. Only about 7 weeks left!!! I'm hoping a little less. But, not too many less.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, so that is crazy! The 3rd pregnancy seems so DIFFERENT than the other ones! All these contractions and kidneys stones (from you) and all my weird first trimester issues...
    Anyway, we are having a boy, I just don't want my mom to know..b/c she likes surprises! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope he holds on for like, 4 more weeks, then he would be fine. As always, let me know when you need help with the kids. I will always watch them when you need to go to the hospital for the Non-Stress Tests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it all Monique! Hopefully your little guy is patient and in no hurry to make an early appearance. At least your doctor finally figured out that all these episodes are actually related to your pregnancy! Good luck these last few weeks. Let me know if there is anything that we can do to help, even if it is just swinging by DQ and bringing you a little treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pregnancy is really hard. Tyler's is what made us rethink our original plans too. Because he came out a boy we new we were good. If you have another one you will be my hero. I don't think I would put myself through that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there!!! You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just sit down and rest, rest, rest. Seriously. Take it from me, girl, YOU DO NOT WANT A PREEMIE!!! Now I'm going to be worried about you. Just sit down! That's what DVD players are for. Have you asked about a different medicine to stop contractions???

    ReplyDelete