Monday, February 23, 2009

My New Ride

Sounds like some really cool car...well, it is cool, but in a different way. It's cool because now we can have three kids in our car without tying one down on the roof or something crazy thing like that! This weekend we finally buckled down and made the trip to the car dealer. We found this great looking minivan online for a great price and thought we better take a look. I can't say that I fell in love with it, but I was pleased and we decided it was the one for us. It's in great shape, both inside and out, so it wasn't that, it's just the fact that it's a van...I just wasn't sure about me driving a van. BUT, we ended up getting it - a used 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Now, I've been driving this pretty nice 2005 Jetta for the past 4 years, so going from a brand new (well, new when we bought it) little car to this used, what seemed like a bus, minivan was quite a change. I admit, I was a little sad to get rid of our car, but it wasn't really practical for a family of 5. I mean, you literally CANNOT fit 3 carseats in the back of a Jetta. It's impossible. We debated on keeping the Jetta, just to have as an extra car to have around, but changed our mind. We decided a car payment wasn't in our budget. SAD!!! So, out with the old and in with the new. I'm an official minivan driver! Never thought I'd be, but I am. Goodbye my Jetta! I'll hopefully have you again someday!
Our long gone Jetta!

The new minivan!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Monique... how could this day have come?!? You are right - you will be much more comfortable in your roomy and spacious minivan. And it does look brand new! I'm glad you found one that you are happy with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I am sure you will be much more comfortable now. It just takes some getting used to, thats all! Congratulations on your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you have joined the minivan world! I didn't love ours when we got it, but it grew on me. It's nice to have lots of space for people and things. Someday we will go back to having fun, cute cars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that I still mourn our Jetta. Why is it that we get so attached to our cars? It's a really nice van, and I actually was impressed when we saw it the other night, even though it was dark. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the day you guys brought the Jetta home!! This IS a sad day, but I know you will LOVE having all the extra room...I will admit that I wish we had a van vs. a SUV. Really, I wish we had gotten the van! You are going to love it (after you get over the Jetta :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I really like white cars they look so nice. That is huge weight off your shoulders. Now your ready for the little guy, Right? Oh so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the mini van club! I personally like that I'm a little higher, so I can see what's on the road. Enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when you bought your jetta. Sad day. It's hard to drive a mom car, it makes you feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique it is nice! Welcome to minivan world. It was a hard adjustment for me going from the jeep to the van, but I LOVE having a van now. So roomy :)

    ReplyDelete