Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I know the day is almost done, but I'm just now getting to this.  Today turned out to be a little crazy.  It kinda reminds me of every other holiday we've had these past few months...Thanksgiving -I got kidney stones a few days before...Christmas- I got kidney stones a few days before, along with a ton of snow, which made it hard to get around...New Year's- EVERYONE was sick, except me (for once!).  I did get thrown up on though!  Now Valentine's Day...I wake up on thursday morning around 2 a.m. and by 4 a.m. I knew it was back.  I knew I had the stones...AGAIN!  It was probably more pain though, than the other two instances recently.  By 7 a.m. I was on my way to the hospital and admitted until this afternoon around 3.  I got another stent put in and feel like crap again.  It stinks, majorly.  It turned out I had at least one stone on each side.  They thought I had two on my right, through the ultrasound, but only found one when  they got in there.  SO, I may be having another "episode" in the next few weeks. Who knows?!  They did get the right one out, but the left is still in place.  Me being pregnant is the reason they can't get the left one yet.  It's still lodged in my kidney and you can't do any lazor treatment with a baby in there. 

So, another memorable holiday.  I feel bad because I wanted to make today fun for the kids, but didn't get a chance to.  Jeremy did go out and get the kids something and my mother-in-law brought them stuff and also stayed and made cookies and cards with them...They had fun, just without me!  Jer and I didn't really have any plans, so we didn't really miss out with that one.  I guess just feeling healthy and happy would've been nice though!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!  Hopefully you could all enjoy it with the ones you love :) 

Jeremy, I just wanted to thank you for all you have done for me this week and always.  You're wonderful!  These past few days have been rough, but you stayed strong and got everything done.  You really amaze me!  We're so lucky to have you as a Dad and Husband.  Thank you!  I love you!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think that I will ask you watch my kids any more while you are pregnant, because that is what seems to bring it on. It's all the anticipation and stress of watching my children!!! I'm glad you're home, and should be feeling better in the next few days. It was a long hospital stay this time!! Jer did do a great job. I talked to both Jer and Sharon, a couple times, and they were both tired. The job as a mom is not as easy as we make it seem, I guess. I tried to help out more, but they sure wouldn't let me. Maybe the next go round, I will be on duty. I would love to. With both mine and your pregnancies, we are getting a run for our money. (I'll have to tell you about my Dr. appt. later!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique!! I am so sorry! That is such a crazy thing to happen 3 times AND you might have nother episode? Hope that you are feeling better and you aren't in too much pain...TAKE CARE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Monique! I am soo sorry that this keeps happening to you! I wish that I was there so that I could help! I am glad that you have a good hubby and friends and family around to help. Does this just keep happening because of the pregnancy? If that is the case, this cute little kid better appriciate life! I hope that you are feeling better and maybe your St. Patricks Day will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is no good!!! It's good the kids had a good day but man you are due for a good holiday!!! Or at least one without kidney stones or vomit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique, I hope you are feeling better. You have had a rough time recently! Please let us know if we can ever help out. I would be happy to take the kids for a morning or afternoon, especially as you get closer to having the baby. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are having such bad luck with those stones. I have never had them, and hope I never do. I hope all your stone episodes go away forever.

    About your sewing. I think the nightgown is adorable. If you go to http://www.heatherbailey.typepad.com/ this girl is amazing. There are a bunch of free patterns that are pretty simple. I will have to try out a night gown myself, it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete