Thursday, January 29, 2009

Holy Tabasco Sauce!

For the lack of having anything better to blog about I thought I'd share my wierd mishap that occured as I was making dinner tonight.  Well, I decided to make cornbread muffins to eat along with chili, so I needed to grab the liners for them.  I opened the cupboard and as I did I had a bottle of tabasco sauce fall out and break open on the counter.  Not so bad, except for the fact that it splattered all over my face and a big drop went right in my eye!  I've never had hot sauce in my eye or face before and let me tell you , I doesn't feel so good.  I instantly felt my face and eyeball burning up.  It really hurt!  It was like my whole face and eye was on fire.  I had Sam go get Jeremy while I tried to flush my eye with water and wash my face off.  No matter how much water I used, it still hurt...I had Jeremy get my contact lens case and I got my lens out and kept throwing water in my face and eye.  I finally stopped and continued with dinner, but the burning lasted for a good half hour or so. It's not really that interesting of a story...it's just so random!  Who gets a bottle of tabasco sauce splattered in their face?

3 comments:

  1. OUCH!! I've had some dumb things happen to me too, like having wood shavings get blown into my eye and I had to wear an eye patch for a week..at work..it was totally embarrassing. Every pirate, one-eyed joke was directed my way. So don't feel bad...dumb things happen to good people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even think we own any tabasco sauce! I'm glad that you're okay. The other day, Jake got some Lysol in his eye, and you would think he was dying, and losing his eyesight at the same time. Good for you, for being so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilariously painful! It is one of those stroies where you can't help but laugh and at the same time know that it had to hurt really bad. Like watching America's funniest home videos. I am sorry that it hurt so bad, who would have thought, really?! I am glad that it didn't hurt to long though or I promise I wouldn't have laughed at all!

    ReplyDelete