Monday, January 12, 2009

My New Favorite Room

We've been doing some rearranging (again!) in our house to try to get ready for the new arrival that will be coming in a few months. We decided because Parker isn't a great sleeper, that it would be too difficult to have Samantha and him share a room at this point. So, to make room for baby #3 Jer and I moved downstairs and now all the kids have their own rooms. With all the moving, we now have an official playroom, which is now my favorite room in the house! We have SOOO many toys and I never realized, until today, that because there is so many, I tend to tuck them away or everything is just piled up and the kids could never fully enjoy the toys. I guess when it's cluttered up and unorganized and you can't find what you want it's hard to play. It makes sense. But, this weekend Jeremy went out and bought a fantastic solution. It doesn't seem like much, but shelving and a little organization can really do the trick. He bought a really great shelving unit with a bunch of bins and cubbies. I spent hours going through everything and sorting things and now it's completely organized and I'm really enjoying it. The kids, for the first time in a long time actually spent almost the whole day playing with their toys. They played with toys that they hadn't played with in ages. It was great! And with me being somewhat of a freak about clutter and organization, it makes me feel good to know that everything has a place now. That is until we collect more and I have to figure out where to put those...


This is BEFORE I got things organized. I just threw all the toys in the room... And this isn't even all of them. There's another pile on the other side of the room.



Here's after I went through everything. Much better!



Other end of the room



And my life saver! This unit is really great!

4 comments:

  1. Thats sooo cool! You are super organized now. Not to mention that is a super cool playroom. Jason and I have that same cubby system for our clothes. I like it better than a dresser b/c I can fold and fit more clothes and also see exactly what is on my shelf. I love them! PS- I cannot wait to do your pictures...I am thinking of a million newborn ideas too:) Hope your doing well, you really look great!

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a similar (although MUCH smaller) organizational unit and we LOVE IT! We got the plastic bins and printed off colored pictures of the toys that go in that particular bin (ie. cars, littlest pet shop, blocks, etc), so it's easier for the kids to see what's inside AND to help put them back where they belong..ahh, it's something small, but gives so much freedom from clutter!!
    The room looks adorable and I'm glad that your kids had almost a FULL day of play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I really really need to go through my kid's toys. I would love a FULL day of playing. Maybe you have motivated me. . . Thanks for being willing to babysit the kids. Next month is our ultrasound, and I hope Jake can come. Let's shoot for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome Monique it looks so good! What a great solution :)

    ReplyDelete