Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting OH SO BIG!


Yes, I am getting HUGE! I'm now 27 weeks, today. I'm feeling like I should be somewhere in my 30's though, with how large I am! I'm not just feeling big in the tummy, but everywhere. It's starting to show in my whole body, fat that is. I guess that's just how it goes though! Well, this picture was actually taken yesterday on my way out to go see and listen to our General Relief Society President, Sister Beck. She was speaking in Seattle, just about a 20 minute drive, at a stake center downtown. It was awesome!!! I'm so glad I went. She was so inspirational for us LDS women. She helped me realize things about myself and helped me put myself in check. She has so much LOVE for us and it shows. She spoke for almost 2 hours! It was wonderful! My favorite part was her talking about mothers. She related to us mothers in the scriptures and what an example they are to us. She talked about having children and how if we CAN have kids we should. Sister Beck said it is our job, if possible, is to have children and it's the job of those who cannot, for whatever reason, to be there to help and support us. I never thought of it that way. She also spoke about women that she's met throughout the world and what their "stories" were in life. Everyone has a story. It was fun to hear others' stories. She also wanted us to feel special again, like we did when we were 3 years old, comparing us to her little 3 year old granddaughters. As we grow older we seem to lose that feeling of being special, like a little girl feels. She spoke on many other things, I could go on and on. It was fun to get to know her. Meeting in a more intimate setting made it easier to do that. She spoke to us as if she'd known us forever. She talked about her family and even had her husband bear his testimony to us. It was a wonderful evening followed by some yummy dinner with some friends. What a night!


6 comments:

  1. You look great, and you are sooo not gaining anywhere else, no matter what you may think. I can just imagine how I'm gonna look in 10 weeks. I will be huge. Women at church were talking about Sister Beck today, too. I guess I should have thought about going, but I never seem to know stuff because I'm always in Young Womens. Let's do the mall thing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute, Monique! I have a hard time with the gaining weight thing too. But, you always slim down quick, so you'll have your body back soon. :) Thanks for sharing your comments about Sister Beck. I didn't make it to the fireside since we had a sick family this weekend. I enjoyed reading your comments. I'm sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique you look so great!! I hope you guys are all feeling better. Matt and I love the room organizer you guys got. We have something similar but ours is much smaller. I am horrible about commenting on your blog, but I check it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eEumXH gmshdhrcfwnm, [url=http://zbypgrwjafry.com/]zbypgrwjafry[/url], [link=http://crrmvcrtjlgb.com/]crrmvcrtjlgb[/link], http://kdnbsgzlcmte.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Monique! I don't see where you have gained weight besides your cute belly. If you gained some, you must carry it well because it must be hidden. I remembered always watching my weight when I was prego. I seemed to gain a lot towards the end mostly water weight I think. Thanks for sharing the pics. I love seeing pregnant women and knowing the joy that the little one will bring. Take care!

    ReplyDelete