Thursday, January 1, 2009

What A Mess...And Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!!! This has been one very memorable New Years for us, that's for sure! It actually all started on Monday night...Parker woke up around 10 p.m. throwing up. He continued to do so until 1:30 a.m. He ended up vomiting 9 times! I didn't know a 1 1/2 yr. old could do that! Well, last night Jeremy and I had big plans to go out on the town for New Year's Eve. No, we just were going out to dinner and movie. Pretty exciting! Jeremy had been feeling a little sick all day, but said he could still go, no problem. Around 4:00 p.m. he decided he couldn't. It starting hitting him really hard. So, he was down for the night, totally miserable. We were both bummed that our night out wasn't going to happen, but oh well. So, around 8:00, as I was getting the kids to bed, Parker starting up again and threw up in the kitchen. I cleaned it up and hoped for the best. Well, the best was far from it...it would only get worse. As I laid Parker down for the night, he was really cranky, so I was holding him next to his crib, trying to calm him when it happened...he threw up all over me!!!! It was down my shirt, down my arm, in my hair, and a huge mess on the floor. GROSS!!! I can't tell you how many times I almost lost it and joined in. It was horrible! Unfortunately, Jer was passed out and totally sick himself, so guess who had to deal with this all by herself? Yeah. I ended up getting Samantha up (she hadn't fallen asleep yet) to help me. She tried to entertain as I cleaned. In the end, I finally got Parker back to bed around 10:30. I let him stay up because I was worried he'd do it again. I then showered and finally around 11:15 started my fun New Year's Eve by myself. I sat down with some yummy Pringles and vegged. Just when I thought I was clear of cleaning up puke, Sam started! I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps upstairs, so I went up to check it out and there she was, crying with vomit all over her. So, there I went again. I had to clean her up, then the floor. Finally, all was well. I only had to get up 3 times in the middle of the night to help Samantha throw up. Luckily, Parker slept through the nigh. Today has been better. Sam threw up once and Parker, not at all. Everyone's been really lazy and sick still though. Not fun. So, that was our awesome New Year's Eve and our New Year's Day was almost just as exciting. I hope everyone has had better days than us! Happy New Year, again! Goodbye 2008!

Our poor kids!



9 comments:

  1. SO SORRY!! That is the worst thing in the world..vomit! I'm glad that everyone is starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has a great vomit story...mine would include a school bus and a bathtub, but they couldn't top yours. Glad your little family is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if my stories could top yours either but with Marylinn I could probably get close! I am sorry that your family was all sick. Scotty and I have had to cancel dates for the same reason and it really does bumb you out, even the one that is sick. I hope that your year will only improve from here! Think of it this way, at least you were feeling okay or who would have cleaned up the puke?;o) just trying to find a silver lining, is that how you spell lining? Anyway, hope all gets better soon! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! you poor mommy :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing mom! I have one word for you "Little Green" it is a hand held steamer vac. I use it for everything. It is made by Bissell and it make throw-up messes a snap. It is inexpensive. Every mom should have one. I will try to find you a link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-1400B-Multi-Purpose-Compact-Earth-Friendly/dp/B0016HF5GK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231136844&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only nice thing for me when kids are sick is that they sleep and relax. Other than that it is awful. I am sorry it was not just one, but three of you. I hope this week is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH no!!!!! We must have had the same bug as you guys- we were doing the exact same thing last week! And Matt and I were going to go out on New Years Eve and both got sick the day of too---- I literally can feel your pain! I don't think I've ever seen or been puked on more- I can't imagine dealing with it and being pregnant too- you're a good woman! I'm glad the kids are all feeling better, happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear!! You're awsome!!! I don't do vomit. Any thing else just not vomit. I would have had to get Ben up. You are one trooper of a pregnent lady!!!

    ReplyDelete