Thursday, January 31, 2008

I've been Book Tagged by Emily!!!

4d6c_1.jpg 


Thanks Em!  This gets me to actually open a book!  I haven't done that in a long time (other than to read some silly little book to Sam)!  Here it goes...


The rules are as follows:


1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)


2. Open the book to page 123


3. Find the fifth sentence


4. Post the next 5 sentences


5. Tag 5 people


I randomly chose Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, one of Jer's old books that he collects.  This one's from 1892.


All day I was engaged in my professional work, and it was late in the evening before I returned to Baker Street.  Sherlock Holmes had not come back yet. It was nearly ten o'clock before he entered, looking pale and torn. He walked up to the sideboard, and, tearing a piece from the loaf, he devoured it voraciously, washing it down with a long draught of water.


"You are hungry," I remarked.


 I tag Allison, Amy, Kristin, Kristie and Bekah (that's about everyone I have on my friend list!  I need more friends!)

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah, there is a link under the look-alike-meter. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Monique, I'll get right on it :)

    ReplyDelete