Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mom Came!

My mom was able to come visit us the day after Christmas. It was so nice to see her and have her stay with us. The kids loved it and so did I! We spent a lot of time eating, shopping, and just hanging out. The biggest "project" was making tamales. My mom learned how to make authentic, homemade tamales from my Grandma Cerrillo long ago when my parents first got married. I've never had my hand at it, so we thought it would be fun to teach me. It's quite a process, but once you have the ingredients ready it can go pretty quickly with enough hands. My sister came over to help and we ended up making about 7 dozen. With all the prep work I kind of wish we would have made more! They freeze well. It was fun and I'd like to do it again, now that I know what I'm doing...sorta.
After slaving away at the tamales all day we sat down to a tasty mexican dinner that my mom prepared with rice, beans, and tortillas. Thanks for a great dinner, mom!
My mom also took the time to make sugar cookies with the kids on New Year's Eve while Jer and I went on a date. It's was so great having her here with us and doing so much with us. I wish she lived closer so we could do more of these fun things together. Come back soon! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see some updates!! Your Mom hasn't changed a bit and it is amazing how much Ana-Lisa looks like you!! Glad to see that all is well! Luv Ya!!

    ReplyDelete