Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feelin' WAY Too Hot!!!!

Seattle isn't known for really HOT, HOT summers...well, that changed this week. Yesterday was a whopping 105 degrees!!!!!!! Us poor Seattlites aren't used to this kind of extreme weather. And, most don't have AC. That includes us. Yes, at 11:30 at night, our house was sitting at 92 degrees! My children slept naked, and Jer and I just didn't sleep at all. It was horrible! And to make it worse...we get another dose of 1oo degree weather today. I'm miserable! You can guarantee we will be getting AC by next summer. I'm not doing this again!
By the way...what's up with this crazy weather this year? Extreme winter, and now summer? Strange.

Our yummy cupcakes melted!

I've been only letting my kids swim in our backyard because I hate to drag Collin out into this hot weather while the kids swim at the neighborhood pool and he roasts in his carseat or on my lap.

Poor baby! He was kinda cranky yesterday and I think it had something to do with the heat. Way too hot!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are trying to have Idaho weather. I do feel sorry for you because as you know we only barely lucked out of being there ourselves. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our house: naked kids and non-sleeping parents. A little bit of heat is nice, but this is too much! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!! That is crazy! I hope that you guys find some relief soon..crazy weather is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck - I hope it is over or ending soon! I have heard many miserable stories and don't envy you at all!

    ReplyDelete