Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Farrel McWhirter Park

We had a beautiful Saturday this past weekend. Of course, Jeremy had a million things he needed to get done, from yard work to websites...I decided to help get out of his way and not distract him by taking the kids to one of our favorite parks around here. What the kids love most about it is that it has fun farm animals to look at and touch. They LOVE the goats! They also have pigs, cows, chickens, horses, turkeys, bunnies, and probably more (I just can't think of them!). The park only has a set of swings to play on, but has a great open field of grass for a picnic and also some fun trees to play in. My kids think it's great! SO, we spent the morning playing in the park and ended with a picnic. What fun!

Checking out the goats

Collin LOVED laying out on our picnic blanket!

Yum!

Cooling off on the swings

Being little monkeys on the tree branches...

SIDE NOTE: Sam loves that hat! She wears it alot, I know. It's in SOOO many pics I've taken of her recently! And she's really into necklaces. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh fun!! Next time you need to get out of Jeremy's hair let me come with you!! I am always looking for things to do with Clara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you leave, and let Jer get things done. If Jake is home, the kids are smack dab in the middle of him, and I don't mind a bit. It's good for him. He's gone too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! It certainly looks like a fun time. Sam is so cute with her "ready" smile. I will have to remember about this place once I am allowed to have a life again. :)

    ReplyDelete