Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Flowers

I just love it when the flowers start blooming in the springtime. One of my favorite flowers has to be the tulip.  I was so excited last fall when I planted a ton of tulip bulbs in our front yard, in our old house.  Then we deciced we were going to be moving, and one of the first things I thought of was the fact that I had just planted those bulbs and now, chances are, I won't see them bloom!  WELL, that's exactly what happened.  We moved in February to our new house and left those tulips behind.  Thank goodness for wonderful friends though!  Soon after we moved into our house one of my best friends, Heidi, brought me little one inch tulips, that hadn't even began to sprout yet.  They had a long way to go, but with some TLC, would be big and beautiful.  I was so happy to have some tulips to plant and looked forward to spring to see how they grew!  Sure enough, they are turning out wonderful and look fantastic!  I only have a few, but it's enough to bring a smile on my face.  This fall will be so fun planting more of them!

img_1213.JPG

img_1216.JPG

img_1217.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Aren't tulips the BEST?! They bring such sunshine and are just SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monique! I just figured out how to leave messages on your blog! By the way, I love looking at your blog and all the fun things your family is doing! It's so great to be able to keep in touch! Hope ya'll are doing well!

    ReplyDelete