Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Latest Obsessions...

I've been very intrigued with two things lately...the first one is the best show ever - LOST!  Ok, I know, I know...I'm a little behind, but I haven't gotten into a show in a really long time and we have some great friends who watch it religiously and got us totally hooked.  I had never seen it until a week ago and Jer and I watched all of season 1 (which our friends own) this past week and we totally love it!  So, right when we were done with season 1 I called my girlfriend up and went over to get season 2.  We're taking season 2 a little slower.  We were up every night until midnight last week and now we're exhausted and decided we shouldn't put ourselves through that again this week.  Well, that's my first obsession.

 lost-logo1.jpg

 The second one is...scrapbooking!  Digital scrapbooking, that is.  My friend, who also is the friend who got me lovin' LOST, is the one who has been teaching me how to scrapbook digitally.  Anyways, it's really fun and inexpensive (that is until you decide to print out your pages, which could get pricey). But, it's something that I'm getting the hang of and get really excited about now.  I find myself finding "freebies" on the internet any chance I get and downloading them and working on a page here and there in between all the things I need to do around the house.  Now, I can't say I'm good at this new hobby of mine, but it's fun and that's what matter...right?  If anyone has any advice on digi scrapbooking, let me know. I can use all the help I can get! Here's my first two pages I've done. I'm working on a Parker page right now, one from when he was born.

sam-playing-2007.jpg

Kit used- Shabby Princess Sweet Sprinkles

spring-day-2007.jpg

Kit used- Shabby Princess Promise Collection

3 comments:

  1. I love the pages!! The Spring Day one is awesome! I love the way the stitching goes with the flying butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I love LOST, it's just too intense for me. Though my husband is a fan and watches it like you do - all in one go. However I totally am addicted to digiscrapping, and I can't get enough Freebies - they are fabulous. Your first two pages look great. The creativity is endless. Looking forward to seeing some of your other pages :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pages! Your shadows look great and your photo and element placement are really nice! Wahoo for new obsessions!

    ReplyDelete