Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snow!

We got our first snowfall of the season! It came as a shock to me because the weatherman totally downplayed it and I thought we'd get nothing or just a trace of it. But, it came alright! We got a good 6 inches, which isn't much for some people but here in Seattle it's a ton. It started snowing on monday during school, so by the time kids were leaving there was quite a bit on the ground. Buses were out until 7 p.m.! Luckily, Sam doesn't take a bus, but those poor kids who do...Anyways, I wasn't prepared, so my poor kids wore rain boots and snow clothes that were too small. They survived, but I did feel bad. Temperatures dropped to the teens, which is rare. It hung around for a few days so school was cancelled tuesday and wednesday, so we had a nice, long Thanksgiving break. Jeremy worked from home those days so we had fun playing in the snow with him. We went sledding a few times and drank lots of hot chocolate and apple cider. It was soooo cold, but so nice to get all warmed up again. I guess this is the start of a cold, snowy winter (or so they say!). I guess I should be better prepared next time so my kids can enjoy it a little more without freezing!

Snow Day #2

No comments:

Post a Comment