Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our 4 days of Halloween!

We had a fun few days leading up to Halloween this year. It all started on Thursday and just kept on going until Sunday night! It was busy, but very fun! Thurday was Jeremy's work party. Here is the kiddos dressed up, ready to go. We had a GI Joe (aka Iron Man). Parker liked to think that his costume was the "mean" Iron Man. Although, that wasn't accurate either. Just the black suited Iron Man is all. Anyways, Sam was Princess Cinderella. And, my cranky little 18 month old liked to scream and cry and run away anytime I tried to put any costume on him. I tried a dragon, a lion, and Superman. All were unsuccessful. So, he ended up wearing a "I love my Mummy" shirt. Whatever! The kids had fun at Allyis trick-or-treating from office to office and taking full advantage of their goody bags, which you got to fill yourself from huge jars of treats and toys! There was some food to enjoy and some arts and crafts as well. Allyis is always good at throwing fun parties!

Friday was Samantha's Scarecrow Day at school. Every year the Kindergarteners dress up as scarecrows, have a party, and do a parade through the classrooms of the 1st graders. I was up until midnight putting this costume together, but I think it turned out ok. Sam loved it, so that's what matters:)

On Saturday we woke up and went to our neighborhood Firestation. Every Halloween they throw a party and have a haunted house at the station. Samantha has yet to get gutsy enough to go in that part, but the party is great. They have face painting, coloring, carving pumpkins, the firetruck to play in, lots of treats, and the big dalmation to say hi to. The kids look forward to this every year.

Saturday night we had our ward's Trunk-or-Treating. The kids had a ball and brought home way too much candy! I got to dress up like a cat, due to my kids insisting on it. I couldn't say no, right? Jeremy was Sherlock Holmes. It won him 1st place last year at Allyis' Halloween Party for best costume. It's a fun costume! After getting their fill of candy, and donuts the kids hung out in Taylee and Rohne's van with some friends until time to leave.

And finally, Halloween night. We let the kids trick-or-treat to some neighbors and then headed over the G & G Klein's to say hi and get more CANDY! We have so much candy! Too bad Jer and I are the ones eating most of it! By the way, Collin still wouldn't wear a costume....

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is a lot of candy! :) I love the scarecrow costume of Sam's. How fun to see your family involved in that tradition. :) Very fun Halloween times at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe the loot these kids get?!! I don't remember getting that much candy! Scott took our kids out for about 2 hours...of course here we were lucky to get to trick-r-treat on Saturday. They came home with so much candy we will still have some at Christmas for sure! I am so glad we have blogs so I can see your adorable kids in the their Halloween costumes!!! Miss Ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a lot of loot! So funny that Collin wouldn't wear a costume :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog Monique. I too peak at your blog every once in a blue moon. We are very excited for the twins, I just can't wait for them to get here!

    ReplyDelete