Wednesday, November 4, 2009

October In A Nutshell...Part 1

October got pretty busy, which led to lack of blogging. Too much to blog and too little time! And, not to mention our computer went crazy on us. Anyways, here's an update for those of you who wish to know about our month... It started with a M's game! Great time, but VERY cold! It was just Jer and I and some friends. It was really nice to have a night out.

Jeremy and some buddies went on a hike on Mt. Rainier. No, not to the summit...That's to come later! This was just a good hike to get them pumped for the big day!

We had a fairy birthday party for our Samantha, who turned 5, as well. I already posted about that, but that's just one more thing to add to the month!

We made it out to the pumpkin patch with some family. It's become tradition, as we all get that feeling of fall. I love this patch because it's exactly what I think of when I think of a pumpkin patch...On the vine, in the mud, out in a field. You cut them yourself and bring them back on the hayride. Very fun! This year was great weather, just a bit muddy and wet from the days before. We found a great pumpkin and everyone had a great time. We topped it off with a stop for lunch at a yummy little burger joint.

Happy as can be!

They love their cousins!

"Too heavy"

Cheese!

Good picture, not so great lighting... Don't know why?!

Our family just keeps getting bigger every year, I feel like.

On our way out the kids craved some corn on the cob.

We got a fun halloween gingerbread house from my mother-in-law. The kids begged me to do it with them the morning after we got it. So, we did. I just let them go at it. It looked great! Too bad I didn't get a picture of the finished product. What was I thinking?

That same night we carved our pumpkins. I watched and held Collin, while Jeremy took over the carving and gutting. Lucky me! The kids wanted a try too, but only 1 try. They were content with watching. Poor Jeremy carved 3 pumpkins. He can't wait until they're old enough to really get in there and do it themselves! What a dad!

We also made LOTS and LOTS of treats this month. They included popcorn balls, apple pie, sugar cookies, pumpkin cookies, cinnamon bread, an attempt at caramel corn (didn't quite work out like I planned), and cupcakes.

More of October to come!

2 comments:

  1. That is a busy month! Looks like a ton of fun though. :) All those treats sound delicious. We made some carmel corn this month too - Avery took it to her preschool to share when they were learning about the letter C. Tasty! Do you think next month will slow down at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are soo cute! I love your little family! And I miss you two! Looks like you've had a fun month!

    ReplyDelete