Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Finally Pulled The Plug!

I finally did one of the most dreaded things I've been needing to do with my 2 year old the other day....I took Parker's binky away, for good. I've tried in the past, but given in with all the crying and begging that went along with it. BUT, not this time. I told myself I wasn't going to give in and Jeremy has agreed 100%, so there you have it! It hasn't been easy. Tonight was especially hard. His binky is what soothes him to sleep, along with his bear he sleeps with. Without that binky, it's been tough to get him to go to bed. I know the next week or so will be tough, but I figure, he'll get over it and my goal will be a success. So, I know he's way too old for it, but he's so attached! That's why it's taken me so long. It's been one of those things nagging at me in the back of my mind for the past 6 months, at least. Anyways, I'm sure he won't be scarred for life and things will be ok. Right???

He's much more handsome without it, don't ya think?

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! We recently did the same thing and it wasn't as hard as I had imagined. I agree, he is much cuter without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes he is such cutie! I think I was more attached to the binky than my kids were. It was just way to convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you, Mo!! Hope the nights are getting better. I have a night here, to myself, as well, and we are both looking at blogs. I should be sleeping. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big step! I hope he is getting used to his new life and not suffering too many withdrawls! :) At least it is a pacifier that you can make dissapear, and not something like his thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries - Lorien was almost 4! Good work.

    ReplyDelete