Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Busy Saturday

We had a busy, yet very fun Saturday! It all started, bright and early...around 5:30 a.m. I got up and got ready, before the kids got up, to leave and head out to the Ensign Ranch. For those of you who are not from around here, the Ensign Ranch is a church owned recreational facility. You can camp, horse back ride, swim, canoe, ect...Well, our ward had our annual campout, but instead of camping overnight, we decided to just head on out for the FOOD! They had a big breakefast planned out to start at 8:00 a.m. and we thought we'd just go for that. Really, I wasn't too keen on the idea of loading up, with 3 kids, to camp for less than 24 hours. Not my idea of fun. But, food is always good and we've been wanting to go there anyways. So, we did. We ended up staying until noon hanging out with our friends and enjoying some of the activities they have at the ranch. The main attraction was the "slip 'n slide". The ranch has this HUGE one that they made on a hill that you go tubing down. It looks so fun! I say "looks" because I haven't done it yet, but Sam did and she loved it! We also did some canoeing. It was a great morning. Of course, I forgot my camera... We then headed home and cleaned up and I got ready for my 10 yr. high school reunion. I really can't believe it's been 10 years! It sure doesn't feel like it. Except for the fact that I'm married, with 3 kids and a house. Crazy! Anyways, I met up with 3 of my really good friends and we drove out to Seattle for some akward fun. Yes, it was kind of akward. Especially at first. Luckily, I had girlfriends that I went with. I would not have gone alone! NO WAY! After the first little while I felt a little less weird and we ended up having a good time. We left a little early to enjoy some Red Robin. Most of all, it was just a really great girls' night out. It was a blast! We laughed and joked around like we've been hanging out every day for the last 10 years! I sure do miss all my high school girlfriends. Those were the days...

Bekah, Julia, Kristin, and Me... Oh, I miss Bekah! She was one of my BFF's in high school and we had so much fun together! Please come home to WA! And, I get the privilage of seeing Kristin often. We're lucky to be in the same ward now. We have some great memories of middle school, high school, and girls' camp together! Our girls are really good friends now. They love eachother!

Me and Julia. We've been friends since I can remember...just babies! We were also in the same ward growing up, so we have a ton of memories. Good times!

Katie and Me. I've known Katie since 7th grade. She was one of by best friends in highschool. We did pretty much everything together. Love her!!!

3 comments:

  1. You guys look and sound like you had a lot of fun! I wish I could've been there! Hopefully next time. I'll have to call you so you can tell me about everyone. Sometimes I do wish I still lived there so that we could hang out like we use to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique you look great! You don't look like you just had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't nearly enough pictures! I was counting on you! :) I'm sure I'll find some on facebook. Glad it was fun!

    ReplyDelete