Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seattle Aquarium (and a forgotten anniversary!)

Seattle Waterfront
We woke up Monday morning wanting to do something FUN! We finally decided on going to Seattle to the Waterfront and heading to the Aquarium. We hadn't been there since they remodeled it, so we were excited to see what they had done (BTW, not much was remodeled, afterall. Just the enterance. But, it's a really cool enterance!). We had a really great time checking out the boats and water before we headed in. It turned out to be a great day to go to the Aquarium. I guess, being a Monday, not many people were there. It made for great viewing! The kids could actually get up-close and personal with ALL the exibits and animals. We even let Parker run around, not having to worry about losing him. After the Aquarium we walked the waterfront and got ice cream. And, of course, visited some shops. It was a great day!
THEN...that night, around 10:00 p.m. I was rocking Collin and thinking about the day when all of the sudden I realized it was May 4th. YES, May 4th! OUR ANNIVERSARY!!!! I walked out of Collin's room and said to Jeremy "Happy Anniversary." "What?!" He felt really, really bad, but it was fine. I wasn't mad at all. I couldn't be. I forgot too! He apologized and gave me a big hug. I guess having a new baby, a birthday boy, a blessing, and now 3 kids was on our minds. Oh well! Our anniversary ended up being a wonderful day with my family. I couldn't have asked for more. It was perfect! Thank you, honey, for being an amazing husband, father, priesthood holder, provider, and so much more! I love you!

Dad, look at all the boats!

A ferry boat coming in

Checking out some starfish

Jeremy helping the kids at the "hands on" tank

Our little octopus

The kids at the underwater dome. We got lucky and got to watch the fish being fed by a diver. Fun!

That was one BRIGHT tank!

Again, we got lucky and watched the seals being fed and get their teeth brushed. Yeah, they used a sonicare toothbrush!

Sam and Mom

Resting on a neat, carved bench

Samantha being goofy on the dock on our way out

Yes, Collin was there. He slept the whole time! What a good baby.

Parker being a little grouchy. He really need a nap, but he's oh-so-cute!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! We love the aquarium. It must be so nice to have Jeremy "home from work" still and able to go out as a family. I love Parker's pouty face, and Collin sounds like a perfect little baby. I can't believe that you forgot your anniversary...and that you let Jeremy off the hook! :) Glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a typical, tired Parker face. Classic!! We've forgotten our anniversary before too. How funny. You guys need to go out soon, and let us watch your kids, before I have mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique - I love your short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! That is quite the update! That is a little funny that you both forgot your anniversary. It happens when life gets so busy! Your kids are getting so big. It stinks that they grow so much in between the times that I get to see them. I can't believe that Parker is two already! It seems like you were just pregnant with him. You look GREAT by the way! I can't wait to see you all in a couple months!

    ReplyDelete