Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Here Fishy, Fishy!

We are lucky enough to live only about 10 minutes away from Issaquah Creek, which is the home to many, many salmon. Every year they swim upstream to come home to the Salmon Hatchery where they came from. There's a big celebration every October called "Salmon Days" to recognize these fish. It's quite a big deal! We weren't able to attend the big Salmon Days party, but we did go a few days earlier to check out the salmon. Sadly enough, not all of them make it, so you see quite a few on the creekside, but the ones that do are really interesting to watch. They look exhausted! Poor fish. It's a great lifecycle to talk to the kids about and a tradition to go experience every year. Here's our trip to the Salmon Hatchery!

1 comment:

  1. We missed you at the parade. We went to the Hatchery too, but, I totally forgot my camera. Oh, and I forgot my camera at the parade too. Where has my brain gone?

    ReplyDelete