Saturday, July 9, 2011

5K & 1K Fun Run!

Our Stake hosted a Fun Run for us this year!  I've never done an "official" 5K before, so I thought I should participate in it :)  Samantha, Parker, and Collin also participated by doing the 1K that was for the kids.  Jeremy ran with Collin and Samantha and Parker ran it with me.  Sam and Parker did AMAZING!  Neither one of them stopped at all, and they were so motivated and determined to finish strong.  I admit, it did have something to do with the fact that they got a medal at the end of the race.  Both of the kids had it in their heads that they had to run the whole way, without stopping or they wouldn't get a medal.  I just let them think it.  Poor Parker ran so hard his legs hurt the next morning!  He woke up crying and said he couldn't walk!  We had a really great morning getting some exercise and spending time with friends and family. 
The kids and I before our races

Cousin picture! All the kids ran in the 1K and do so good!!!

Kids from our ward who all ran...

Sam and Parker with their medal!  They were oh so happy!

Jer and the kids after their run

 Just got done! 
My sister-in-law, Emily, and I ran together.  She's a super good runner, so she kept  me on my toes!  It was a lot of fun running with her!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Monique! And way to go to your kids who ran the whole way- I'm very impressed :)
    Let's plan a playdate soon :)

    ReplyDelete