Friday, May 6, 2011

Livin' On The "Farm"

Some might say we have a little farm going on in our backyard...I'd say so as well. Since we've moved into our house, which we've lived in for three years, we've accumulated 6 chickens, and 2 rabbits, and we already had 2 cats. Unfortunately,we just have one cat now. One of ours had an accident and is no longer with us. But, I sure do feel like we have a farm going on here! I get to take trips to the local farming store and buy things like hay, chicken feed, rabbit pellets...all that fun stuff. It actually is pretty fun. The bonus of the chickens is, of course, the fresh eggs. The rabbits are fun for the kids (and me!). And, our kitty, Shadow, is a great cat that we've had since Sam was a year old. She's family.

We just recently got some fuzzy yellow chicks, which is what inspired me to do this post. I just had to show off all our critters! 


We have our cat, Shadow...



And, our bunnies, Ella and Oreo...




And, finally our four big, black chickens




Jeremy had fun with the eggs one day...


And, this is what my van looks like after going to get hay for the rabbits and chickens...Normally Jer gets it in the truck!


The joys of animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment