Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Preschool!

Yes, today was the first day of preschool!!! Samantha was so excited for this day to arrive. She's been asking me for weeks when "the first day of school" starts. She even had a hard time getting to sleep last night because of it. Goof ball! Well, her first day went absolutely fabulous! She loved every minute of it. When I got there, to pick her up, she said "MOM!" in a grouchy voice and scowled. Apparently, she wasn't looking forward to seeing me. The first thing she said to me was, "I can't wait for the next day I come!"

This is her first year of preschool, and her last. She barely missed this year's cut-off, to go to kindergarten. Her birthday is the end of this month, which means a whole year to wait! We tried the home preschool last year, but I wasn't too excited about it. It's a lot of work! And, with a new baby approaching, I wasn't too thrilled about doing preschool...I'm excited to have her be able to meet new friends and be in that teacher/student atmosphere. I wasn't much of a teacher, in her eyes :) It should be a fun school year!

Sam, showing off her Princess backpack. Not my first choice, but definitely hers! She loves it!

In the car, after her exciting day at school! I'm so glad she likes it :)

4 comments:

  1. Shes SO stinking cute! And that backpack is almost as big as she is! Hooray for Preschool! Hope you are all dong well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy smile she has in each picture. She looks positively gleeful in the pic with her backpack. :) Glad the first day went so well - I love the fact that she was grumpy when you showed up. How typical girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute! I'm glad she likes it, although I'm really mad at my procrastinating self for not getting her in. I just couldn't decide!!! Now, she has nowhere to go, and it's my fault. Poor girl. Let me know if you notice anybody dropping out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love preschool! I, for one, am glad Lorien has an extra year before Kindergarten. We both need it. :)

    ReplyDelete